23 July 2008

Weight Gain! Finally!

I thought I'd report that Sasha is doing much better with the eating recently and has gained much weight! 2 extra pounds in the last month, which is major. She hasn't had that kind of growth since she was 9 months old. She's even starting to get some chubby thighs again.
Lately especially, she's been eating a lot. When there is rice on the table, she gladly has many helpings. She always did like rice.
She hasn't put on much height but so long as she's getting the calories and nutrition she needs, I'm sure that'll come along with time. From what I can see on the WHO.org child growth charts, she is definitely climbing her way back up the weight charts.
I do put caution in the fact that she was weighed on a home scale, but she's been weighed consistantly on that same scale, and that scale has slowly recorded a 2lb increase. Small victories.
Her grandma has also discovered that Sasha has a weakness for prime rib. She has, on multiple occasions, put away an adult sized portion of prime rib in one sitting.

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

Is she home yet? I miss you guys!