07 July 2009

Camping trip in Wyoming

We went on a camping trip for the 4th of July weekend. 4 days in the Shoshone National Forest in Wyoming. We were invited by my husband's mom. So the trip consisted of my mother in law, her her husband Les, his daughter Jocelyn, her husband Levi (they are expecting a daughter in November). And of course me, my husband, Cassie, and Sasha. Oh and their dogs Doc, Jet, and Jack.
My husband's parents have a really awesome camper, plus they took along a tent and their horse trailer.
The drive was very scenic. Here are a few pics from the drive (click to enlarge any of them).
Check out the pic I took of this mountain pass we took in Wyoming, and we were only half way up. Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, Wyoming:

Suicidal Chipmunk on the edge of a sheer drop-off overlooking a very curved and steep road. Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, Wyoming :
And on to the camping. Here's our campsite one morning. It rained almost every day and oscillated between hot and cold temperatures. It was rainy this particular morning and Levi is cooking our breakfast on the grill.
Sasha didn't care about the rain. As you can see she had her swimming pool and she spent several hours in that when it got hot.
Some views from our campsite. This is the river view from our campsite. Pretty.
And the view from our campsite of the opposite direction. My husband Jon went hiking and climbed to the summit of the hill pictured here. (This is an HDR photograph, my very first!)
We went hiking and this is one of the HDR pictures I put together of a view along our hiking path.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

That looks beautiful!! My sister is in Wyoming now, they went on vacation out west for 18 days (from WV).