17 August 2009

Curses!

When we speak, we have to be careful what we say. Sasha hears and remembers everything, and she'll repeat it all eventually.

A week ago, Cassie was teasing her little sister. Sasha was getting frustrated and angry. She glared at Cassie and exclaimed, "Cassie! You're pissing me off". She then spent the next few minutes scowling and repeating, "I'm pissed off".

A few days ago, Sasha was following me around the house as usual. I went up to the master bedroom for something, and along the way, Sasha found her favorite pair of pink flip-flop shoes. "Holy Crap! There's my flip-flops!", she exclaimed loudly.

"Holy crap" is one of her favorite phrases. We never know when it'll come out of her. I can't help but laugh when she says it, even though I know it's so wrong. She sees the reaction she gets out of people and it makes her do it even more.

She's said a few other bad phrases, but they're usually immediately after someone else says them. At that point, we can scold the original potty mouth.

No comments: