20 January 2009

Snuggly sick

While sleeping, my husband and I both noticed that Sasha felt unusually warm. Actually, her head was VERY hot; I could feel the heat radiating off her before I even touched her. She snuggled up to us more insistently than usual as she tried to sleep.
For some reason, when Sasha gets sick, she becomes very snuggly.
When we woke up, I took Sasha's temperature with a tympanic (ear) thermometer. She doesn't mind getting her temp taken this way. She had a low grade fever, about 100F degrees (38 C). We asked her if she was in any pain, and she said she wasn't hurting anywhere. She had no other symptoms other than the fever and clinginess.
So yesterday, Sasha spent the whole entire day cuddled up to my husband or I, or both. We took turns laying down with her on the couch while she watched tv and hugged us fiercely.
Sometimes she would give me a huge forceful hug, then look me in the eyes and ask,"Much better?", as if she was comforting me instead.
But for the most part, so long as she had someone to hug and cling to, she was okay.
And that wasn't a bad way to spend a day at all. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew that she wasn't feeling well, I would have been very happy to spend a whole day cuddling with my two year old.

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

It's sad when they don't feel well but you can't help but love the snuggling.