22 September 2013

Birthdays and Homecomings

Sasha had her 7th birthday on Saturday! Unfortunately, I was too fatigued and uncertain in my final week of pregnancy to do a major party. (Yesterday and the day before, I had some painful contractions during some storms, but they seemed to clear when the weather did.)  If I could have, I wanted to invite Sasha's friends from 1st grade. She has not had much luck getting kids to play with her on recess at the playground, and having a party would maybe help her forge some friendships. But we did celebrate, and she received many birthday gifts.
We started Saturday morning by making a rainbow birthday cake together. I wanted her to be involved in making the cake, so she helped with adding ingredients and stirring. She helped me make the pudding filling also. But I separated the batter into six parts and dyed each part a different color. The cake was six rainbow colored layers with vanilla pudding sandwiched between layers, and topped with a cream cheese frosting.

Carol, my mother in law, shares a birthday with Sasha and I got her a canvas print of Sasha. Uncle Joe, Carol's brother, has a birthday the day after so I got him a birthday card. 

Now that we are at the last few days of pregnancy, my family is coming home to me. It has been Sasha and I alone for 9 weeks. My father is coming either on Saturday or Sunday. Cassie flies in on Monday morning. Jon comes home from his Army Medic school Tuesday. And baby arrives via scheduled c-section Wednesday. So it is just a rollercoaster of arrivals.
My father planned to bring his dog with him, but we were unwilling and unable to accommodate his dog. He may be rethinking his plans on coming out so I no longer think he is coming out here.


No comments: