15 April 2008

Fever

On Sunday afternoon, everything seemed to be going as usual for a day off. My husband and Sasha took a nap together. I didn't want Sasha napping for longer than an hour or two so that she didn't ruin her sleep schedule. After one hour had elapsed after she fell asleep, I tried to wake her up, but she was very groggy and difficult to wake. So I let her nap another half hour and tried again. She was still groggy and wouldn't wake up so I tried again another half hour later. After the two hour mark, I was determined to wake her. I sort of got her awake and walking around but she stayed awake for about 5 minutes and layed back down and fell asleep right in the middle of the living room floor. I kept pestering and harassing her but she just wouldn't wake up.
More hours passed by and I was starting to get concerned. She just wasn't waking. My husband picked her up and remarked that she felt hot. I touched her and she sure was. She was hot and crabby and tired. We fought with her to take her temperature and it was 101.0F degrees. Poor baby.
We had to fight with her again to give her some baby tylenol. She was a poor miserable little creature. You could tell by looking in her eyes that she felt miserable and my heart really felt for her. She was very inactive, not at all like her usual self. She just sat or flopped wherever she was and watched tv or whatever was in her view.
Eventually the baby tylenol kicked in and she started feeling better. On Monday she was still somewhat ill, but not as ill as she was on Sunday. By the end of the day on Monday, she seemed back to her old self.
Other than the tiredness and fever, there really weren't any other cold or flu symptoms. No gastrointestinal upset, nothing else that I can tell. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was related to her new teeth.

No comments: