28 November 2008

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for my family and all the love we have for each other. I feel truly blessed to be so loved and to have so much love for them.

For thanksgiving, I had to work night shift. I still managed to make a full homemade turkey dinner, with gravy, stuffing, garlic smashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and corn. All homemade except the stuffing, and it was all very good.
I wrapped the turkey up in bacon! It turned out really pretty, and tasty too. Sasha loved the bacon.
So I made the dinner and zonked out to sleep for the day. I mostly like the left-overs anyways.

I miss my mom. She usually does the Black Friday festivities with my daughter Cassie. Cassie was also nostalgic for some Black Friday shopping. It was hard on us this year, not having her around. My mom was always the one who got into the holidays while the rest of us were bah-humbug.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sorry about you all missing your mom! Do you think your mom would have liked you to get into the holidays now in her place...keeping the tradition going?