05 June 2009

Dad is busy!


Above is a picture of the new bed and toybox/bookshelf that my husband has built for Sasha. And here is Sasha checking her new bed out.

Everything still needs paint. The bed and toy shelf will join the armoire in Sasha's new bedroom once we get moved in. Move in date is less than two weeks away.

Meanwhile, my husband has been painting the new apartment. Here is a before and after shot, still in progress:
Before

After

I did not like the yellow and that yucky brown that it was originally.
Now it's not done, because actually my mother-in-law is going to do some rag-rolling to that blueish grey wall. That's where you take a rag and stick it in paint, then blotch it on the wall in a pattern. So the blue wall will have white rag rolling done over it and it will probably look something like this.

Less than two weeks and our family will be reunited again. These next two weeks will definitely be busy though.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.. I don't think i've ever seen anyone in Australia do their landlord the favour of repainting a rental property!

Your landlord got crazy lucky and saved himself a bunch of cash!

Bedroom stuff looks awesome.. they've been busy!

Dawn said...

Your husband did a great job!! Wow...Sasha is so lucky!!

Good luck with the move and everything!!

Ben from the Med days said...

The apartment looks great and Sasha is so big now!

Good luck moving and I hope you're doing well.

Unknown said...

Whoa, all the old Med people are checking out Cindys new place! I agree it looks great. Seems you have some handy people in your family!

Cindy said...

I miss my old Med "family" :)
BEN!!! Yay how are you!

Ben said...

I'm doing well. I finish my Psych degree in October and I'm still playing Wheelchair Rugby for NSW, not too far off selection in the national side. I miss you too!