19 June 2009

Move Complete!

We are now official residents of the beautiful state of Montana.
We rented a u-haul truck, and had movers come to help us with packing, loading the truck, and cleaning the apartment. Long story short, they sucked at all except loading. Because they did such a horrible job at packing, we had to abandon some much needed furniture to make room on the truck, and they charged us overtime because it took them so long. Their cleaning skills sucked too.
But we made it safe and sound. The drive was very long and we had to spend two overnights in hotels along the way. I am very glad we made the trip safely though.
We got the truck unpacked, thanks to the help of my mother-in-law and her husband. She also helped us unpack. She is very talented at organizing and decorating, so it's starting to look really nice here.
The apartment is bigger than I imagined. I can't believe how huge it is. One of these days I'll have to get some pictures up, but I can't do that until I find my card reader.
Anyways, just wanted to quick post an update that we are safe and busy. Internet just got hooked up about an hour ago but we don't have a computer desk anymore. My husband will have to build that, and an entertainment center for us too.

Oh, I almost forgot. Sasha was so happy to see me and I was so happy to see her too. I cried like a baby and held her in my arms when we were reunited for the first time, and she held me so hard and wouldn't let me go. She and I have been nearly inseparable since and thankfully no damage to our relationship with the 2.5 month separation. She is LOVING her new apartment and bedroom.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Very happy for you all!! I hope Montana is good to all of you!!

AnJanoodleroni said...

Awww!!! I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound. Booo on movers!!! I can't wait to se all the pictures I know you're taking. :)

SaRaH said...

Congratulations on your new home and reunion!