12 June 2009

It's almost time

This might be my last post from Illinois! The BIG move is this weekend, and things are getting hectic, if they weren't already.
Tonight I will be reunited with my husband, and I look forward to that. I miss him terribly. But no time to relax and say hi, as we have a ton of work to do in a very short time period.
I really really hope this move goes well. That we arrive at our destination safely with all our belongings. Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I am nervous and I know there is no rest for me for at least a week. I now look forward to the day that I can hug my family and maybe even relax in my new home.

Cassie, meanwhile, has a little last minute adjustment problems. She had a crush on a boy in her woodshop class on since October, and he finally asked her out on the last day of school. He didn't know she was moving. They've spent a little time together yesterday and the day before, and are now "in love". All along, she's looked forward to the move, but now she has a lot of hesitation. I know she will miss her friends and her new boyfriend, and I do feel for her. Alas we've already moved things forward and there's no going back anymore. I hope she will be okay. She and I have gotten very close the last few months alone together and I love her very much. I want for her to be happy. I want everyone to be happy. But I don't think there's much that can be done anymore.
We're moving forward and I have faith that the move is good for everyone in the long run. Even for Cassie.

5 comments:

Jacque said...

Good luck with the move! I love all of Sasha's new furniture, beautiful! Your new apt. looks very nice too, I hope you all settle in quickly and love your new home.

SaRaH said...

Good luck with everything!!! Everything is beautiful and waiting for you. Enjoy!

Hez said...

I just wanted to wish you the best on you move. Looking forward to reading about your new adventures!

Dawn said...

Good luck!! I wish you all the best!!!

Unknown said...

Ohno! Poor Cassie.. terrible shame that her excitement about the move is negated. Damn slack men, always with the bad timing!

Other than a heartbroken teenager, hope you guys settle in fine :).