04 August 2013

C-section is scheduled. Week 33 pregnancy update


It's a Boy! 20 week ultrasound (old but I hadn't posted this here yet).
I had my 32-week prenatal appointment last Tuesday and all is well. These weekly appointments seem to be a waste of time, as I am healthy and all is normal. I have a 40 mile drive to get to my appointments, so they can be a bit inconvenient.
My weight was 139 pounds, up 3 pounds from my last appointment. My starting weight was around 115 so I guess that's a total of 24 pounds so far. I was over 150 pounds at the end of my pregnancies with each of my girls, so I'm not too worried. It is still a bit disconcerting to see such high numbers on a scale but I seem to be almost all baby and breasts.

My blood pressure was up quite a bit this visit compared to my last. At my last appointment, I had low blood pressure, around 100/60-something. This time it was 120/60-something. Not quite sure what that means, if anything. Probably nothing.

I had 2 prior c-sections and I am not doing a VBAC, so we scheduled our cesarean section date! My son Killian will be born September 18th at 7:30am, unless something changes sooner. It is a relief to actually have a date to plan for.

Doc measured Killian's heart rate, and it was in the 140s. I told him I thought he was in a head-up position. Doc checked and said in his opinion, he thinks Killian is head down. I guess I could be wrong. I knew for certain with both my girls so it feels strange not to be able to tell a head from a butt, but he has been moving a lot more than the girls did. The girls each chose their position and held it like a strategic warfare point, but this guy flips around and even lies sideways/transverse sometimes.

I have been quite uncomfortable. I am short and ran out of room long ago. I get short of breath often, especially after eating. My ribs hurt sometimes. But as of today, 45 more days to go!

No comments: