04 August 2013

Chores

Lately, Sasha has been quite the computer gaming addict, and not in a good way. So I decided to try to solve two problems at once.
Firstly, Sasha now has to perform 2 chores daily of her choice. She is 6 and this is an introduction to chores and house work for her, so I'm starting her off easy. I have a list of chores that she can perform, and for each chore she does she earns one hour of computer time. She can only earn a max of 2 hours of computer time daily.

Sasha is a meticulous perfectionist. So if she chooses to do dishes, it may take her forever to do them, but they are perfectly spotless. Right now, I have to bring a step stool up to the kitchen counter for her to reach the sink, but she does a fantastic job.

Other chores include vacuuming (she doesn't do this one very well yet. I think the vacuum might be too heavy for her), pulling weeds, watering plants, sweeping floors, mopping floors, dusting, and sorting laundry. I am still trying to think of more options for her but it is a good start so far.

No comments: