05 August 2013

Lost tooth #4

Yesterday, Sasha lost her 4th tooth, a bottom left tooth next to the center teeth (I guess it's also an incisor). She is still growing in that top left front tooth, so she is starting to look quite gap-toothed.

The story of how this one came out is kind of amusing to me. I had seen over the past week that the tooth was becoming increasingly loose, but I underestimated how soon it would be falling out. Yesterday, the weather was cooler than our usual heat. It was cloudy and breezy, so I decided Sasha and I would eat our lunch outside in the warm and breezy shade.

I made a simple dish of spaghetti noodles with butter, parmesan, and italian herbs for Sasha for her lunch. She and I sat at our outdoor furniture comprised of 2 outdoor chairs and a table. We ate and played with our iPads.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Sasha starts spitting out her noodles onto the table. And I mean spitting. I was horrified. My mom-instincts took over and I started scolding her fiercely for being so impolite as to spit noodles on the table.
"But Mom! That's the only way I can find my tooth in the noodles", she exclaimed. I was taken aback by her response, not quite sure what she was talking about. She searches through the noodle and spit puddle on the table until she finds what she was looking for: her tooth. She holds it up for me like a trophy.

I apologized for yelling at her, and she and I had a good chuckle together over the misunderstanding.

No comments: