23 August 2007

Cassie's first day of school

Nothing much new lately. Sasha is still practicing trying to stand. My husband has let it be known that her current record for standing is 21 seconds. However I don't think I've seen her go longer than 10 seconds myself.

Cassie started her first day of school today. I tried to send her to school a day early but they wouldn't take her. Ok, I didn't mean to send her a day early. I really did think school started on the 22nd but apparently the 22nd was for seventh graders only. Poor Cassie was a little embarassed. She was all dressed up in her first day of school best and ready to go. I had made her a bento lunch and she went out to the bus stop. The bus driver came to pick up the kids from the bus stop and told her that school was only for seventh graders that day. I was very surprised to hear the doorbell ring and have Cassie come right back after I had just sent her out. Oh well.
So yeah she had her real first day of school today. She came home and said she made two new friends, which makes me very happy as Cassie is a shy girl. She didn't really have many friends last year. She was mostly a loner.

The other day we got Cassie her 'dream bed' for her bedroom. It is really neat. It's called a loft bed. I know I would have loved to have a bed like that when I was a kid. It's sort of like a bunk bed. But there is no bottom bunk. Instead we put a desk and lamp and bookcase under the bed so she has like a little "office". She tells me many times daily how much she loves her new bed and gives us lots of thanks. Cassie and I love the black and white look the bed has. It looks more her style than the wooden or metal loft beds. For now she has a black computer desk set up under the bed along with a light colored wooden bookcase and a tv tray table.

Here we have Cassie and my husband assembling her new bed in her room.

No comments: