30 September 2007

Hear my Wookie Baby Roar

My husband has been calling Sasha a "wookie" because she whines and cries like one. I thought it was mildly amusing. But today he downloaded some Wookie sound files onto his computer and kept playing them in a loop while she was doing her Wookie-cries.
Yup, she does sound like a baby wookie when she's crabby. Weird!
--------
Well, I suppose I spend enough time complaining when we don't get enough sleep. It is only fair that I should rave about how well Sasha and I have been sleeping this week. As I write this, I am recovering from 10 1/2 hours of sleep. Sasha slept 12 hours straight the other day too! My complaint now? Too much sleep! Hah! There's so much stuff I should be doing and instead I'm sleeping my days away.
But like I said, Sasha has been sleeping a lot too. I wonder if it's because she's learning how to walk? (She's still walking back and forth between my husband and I when we have the chance to sit on the floor with her. I enjoy every minute of it.)Anyways you'd think that she'd be in a great mood with all the extra sleep she's been getting but no, she's apparently pretty crabby while I'm at work according to reports from my husband. The moment I walk in the door, she's all smiles for me, hah!

Today, I hope that I DON'T get too much sleep. I want to take the girls to an apple orchard, which I can only do during the daytime (sucks to be night shift when I want to go out and do stuff). It's been tradition. Hopefully we'll make great memories, good pictures, and yummy apple sauces, jams, and pies. If I'm in luck, maybe I'll even get a pumpkin too :)

I should also mention that tooth number 8 is FINALLY making it's way in. It has officially broken through her gums. Explains some of Sasha's recent crabby behavior. Tooth 9 and 10 are lined up and ready to come through soon. I can feel them below the skin of her gums but they might take a few weeks.

No comments: