07 September 2007

Less than one week...

Less than a week to go until Sasha's first birthday. I wish we had family around to do a full-scale party or something. Anyways I'm trying to plan what to do to celebrate the occasion.
Sasha's party will be just Sasha, her mommy, her daddy, and her big sister. (Unless happy of all happy occasions happens and my parents or mother-in-law comes from out of town to celebrate, but it's such short notice now that I'm afraid maybe that probably won't happen.) I think that I will make some cupcakes and maybe decorate Sasha's high chair. And balloons, I think she'd love some balloons. I was looking around online at party supply websites and was thinking of maybe doing something like this:

It's called "The Big One Girl High Chair Kit", and it is a high chair kit that contains a bib, hat, a flag banner to tape to the high chair tray, and a mat to put under the high chair. Sounds exactly like what I need.
My husband says he remembers his first birthday. I have memories of my first birthday also. (I remember my parents wanting me to make a mess out of my birthday cake so they could take a picture, but I didn't want to get messy so they smeared frosting on me to make me messy. I got so mad!) Knowing there's the possibility that she could actually remember her first birthday party makes me wish I could do something a little more... memorable. If we did have some family around I'd have a nice bigger, more grandiose party for her first...and of course there would be presents.
As far as presents go, I haven't gotten her anything yet. I've been eyeing the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn: Learning Home:

It looks like it would flatten out to store away when it's not in use, which would be nice as we are low in living space. It also looks like it could entertain a kid with something for every age for the next few years, not like something that would only hold a one year old's attention for a short time. Unfortunately that gadget costs $60 and I don't really have that much money to spend right now. Thank goodness her birthday falls on payday.
I have been drooling over the toys at http://www.uniquewoodentoys.com/. If I had the money and forethought, I would have loved to get Sasha one of the doll house sets or maybe one of their busy boxes or their pirate ship sets. YARRRRR! Toys that even an adult could have fun with. I just don't have that kind of money as their stuff is expensive.
So far, Sasha has received birthday presents from my parents, and from one of my husband's family members. My parents got her a LeapFrog Little Touch LeapPad, which comes with some books and it reads them to the baby and makes sound effects. Sasha likes to play with it with me. Sasha got a package in the mail with some nice clothes from my husband's step-father (mom and big sister got some comfy sweat shirts in the same package!)
Best birthday present of all would be her Grandma Carol. I HOPE that she can come out here. I really really do.

No comments: