07 December 2007

Clingy, Affectionate, Hungry, Whiny


As my title suggests, Sasha has been clingy, super affectionate, whining a lot, and strangely very hungry. I'm glad that she is eating so well lately, and I do love all the extra affection she's been showing us. But it's interesting. She's affectionate to everyone, everything, all the time. If she is awake, she is constantly hugging or kissing on something. A stuffed animal, a doll, a family member, or even a calculator manual. Yes. She kissed a calculator manual!? Silly little girl! She's been more content to just park herself in my lap or in my arms and she'll just stay there.

Her second molar finally broke through. I suspect she is fighting off whatever illness my husband is suffering from. She's been eating like a horse, so I think she's probably going through a growth spurt. Anyone who remembers what a growth spurt feels like, I'm sure they can remember growing pains. They hurt! So I'd presume a growth spurt is a painful process for a young child. Combine all of the above, and we have a whiny, clingy child. I wish I could take away all her pain and discomfort.

No comments: