29 December 2007

Recovery from Recovery


Sasha is feeling better it seems. At least she's in a much better mood and not so crabby. She doesn't seem to have a runny nose anymore. I think she's beaten whatever cold or flu that was ailing her. She is still not eating and her diapers are very strange looking (won't go into detail but trust me it's nasty) so I think her belly is still getting rid of something. Maybe a gastrointestinal bug?
I wish she would eat. She's been nursing like a newborn again and not eating food. Today for the first time ever, I had to force her to take a dropperful of vitamin drops against her will. I'm afraid that she might be suffering from nutritional deficiencies. I wish there was a better way but if she's not going to eat I'm going to have to give her the vitamin drops. I'd prefer that she get her nutrients from food.
If she's feeling better, I'm going to have to cut her back on her nursing sessions. I fear that her frequent nursing might be causing her appetite loss. I tolerated it while she was ill but now it's a habit that I have to break again. I am hoping her appetite will pick up once her nursing is cut back. Easier said than done, however. I know that cutting her nursing sessions back will mean lots of temper tantrums, whining, and a very crabby upset little girl. I have to keep offering her foods, even though she refuses, somehow without turning it into a power struggle. That's a delicate balance. I hope I have the strength. It's going to be a long weekend.

Meanwhile, my husband is feeling ill again. Didn't he just finish recovering from being sick? Blah can we get a break?

No comments: