08 December 2007

Monkey See, Monkey Do


Lately, Sasha has been a great imitator. We are learning about some of the things we do that we don't realize we are doing! Here are some fun examples.

My husband has a cold with a cough, runny nose, and sneezing. The whole works. Sasha darling, who is not sick, now likes to imitate her daddy. You'd think she's got a cold with all the fake coughing, sneezing, and sniffling noises she's making. She thinks it's hilarious. I tell her "bless you!" every time she fake sneezes, and that really keeps her going.

Then today as Sasha was brushing her teeth, I noticed she kept tilting her head down so her chin touched her chest once in a while. I couldn't figure out what she was doing. Brush-brush-brush-brush-tilt, repeat. Eventually, when she finally got a stream of spittle going and managed to make a 'pthooey' sound, I realized what she was doing...she was trying to spit. Just like mommy and daddy do when they brush their teeth. I didn't realize she was watching us so closely.

Cassie has been on the phone all the time lately, talking to her friends, as 13 year old teenager like to do. She seems like she's got that phone permanently attached to her ear. Sasha likes to walk around with random objects up to her ear while 'talking', just like sister talking on the phone. Then Sasha started saying "Dood" on her 'phone' all the time. Again, it took me a little while to realize what was going on. Cassie was talking excitedly to one of her friends, chanting "Dude! DUDE! DUDE!", and there was Sasha saying "Dood! Dood! Dood!". Hah! I guess she thinks when you're on the phone, you should say "dude" a lot.

I'm sure I'll have plenty more of these.

No comments: