10 September 2008

Fun Day

This morning, Sasha woke up way to early. She usually sleeps a predictable 10 hours a night, but this morning she woke up after sleeping only about 6 hours. I was a bit groggy and hoped that she would go back to sleep, but eventually it became clear that she was not going to sleep any further.
I was too tired to actually get up out of bed, so we just goofed around for a few hours. Besides, I didn't want my husband to have to wake up too. He deserves all the sleep he can get.
We played so much that it's all a blur. I had a blast, and so did she. There were a few times where she was laughing so hard I thought she would wake the whole household up. We sang songs. She jumped on the bed. She played with her babies (dolls) and her bear. We counted and sang our abc's. We invented a bunch of games and played.
I love this child. She is truly a joy in my life. I love her personality and who she is. She is so fun to be around!

Eventually we woke up, then she went potty and we fed her breakfast. She had rice, and tons of it.
I found this "sukoyaka genmai" rice at a japanese supermarket and it is amazing stuff! It's brown rice, but it's milled in such a way that it is as fluffy as white rice, it only takes as long as white rice to cook, and it can be cooked in a rice cooker! Plus it sticks together like japanese white rice, which means it's really easy for Sasha to feed herself. Sasha LOVES the stuff, especially with some Bragg's Aminos (tastes EXACTLY like soy sauce but is a nutritional enhancer) and some "furikake", which is japanese rice seasoning. Oh man the stuff tastes great, and Sasha has been eating huge bowls full, then asking for seconds and thirds. I've never seen the child eat so much food ever. And the fact that it still has the nutritional content of brown rice makes me very happy.
Anyways, she's been eating rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She begs for the stuff: "Rice! Rice! Rice!", she chants. When she empties her bowl, she asks for more. If anyone even says the word "rice" in her presence, she starts chanting and begging for it.
Thank goodness I purchased a 15lb bag. I guess we'll be keeping this stuff around the house.

No comments: