11 September 2008

Needs More Tutu

After my last tutu making experience gone awry, I was still determined to make a birthday tutu for Sasha. Her birthday party is this weekend on Saturday.
The last tutu I made out of chiffon fabric. It was pretty but chiffon fabric cut ends get so stringy that it just didn't look right. I am so not willing to sew the end of every piece of chiffon fabric to get rid of the stringy look. So I tried it again, this time out of tulle fabric.
I used the same instructions I used last time: How to make a tutu <- link goes to flickr
This time, I used tons of fabric. Like 6 yards, and it is amazingly poofy.
I know I had a bad experience last time with letting Sasha try it on early, but I let her try it on today and she really liked it. She even danced around like a little ballerina for me. So cute!

For Sasha's birthday, it looks like we'll be visiting my family and having her party at my brother's place. I miss my family so I'll be very happy to celebrate with them.

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

Pictures, please! I can't wait to see them.