18 May 2007

Baby Carriers

Alright, I've been meaning to get these on here and here goes. (OK I don't know if it's my monitor or what but the pics look fine on flickr and blurry on blogger. Weird. Oh well, they can be clicked on to view full size and they're not blurry that way.)
The baby carrier kit 14-day loan is completed and I had to return the kit on Tuesday. I declared the Moby Wrap my winner. I sent this green Moby wrap back and ordered a black one. I should get it in the mail in 3-4 days.
Sasha gets excited the moment she sees me with the moby wrap. She loves it when I tickle her with the ends of it as I start to tie it on myself. But once she's in it, she gets this strange calm and just zones out. She is very comfortable in it with me, and I am comfortable carrying her in it.

I could wear her in it for days and I think Sasha is equally enthusiastic. I haven't had the nerve to try the 'back carry' with it yet. I did try forward facing (Sasha goes right to sleep that way) and also in the 'nursing carry' (Sasha nurses in it and goes to sleep).
Cassie remarked that we seem like one person stuck together when she is in it. I also got a lot of remarks and comments when we were out like this in stores.

We also tried the mei tei carrier. I didn't mind it but Sasha and I didn't have that "two people as one" connection in it. She sort of just flopped around and she squirmed a lot in it. First pic is the 'Hip carry'...hard to see from the camera angle.

Mei tei trial, front carry. The mei tei was reversable- either solid olive green, or the pink with green polka dots side could face outward too.

Mei Tei back carry. I loved that the back carry was so easy to set up. I could get some housework done without Sasha grabbing everything I was trying to clean. Eventually though, Sasha seemed to be uncomfortable in it.

The last mei tei back carry pic illustrates how after a while, Sasha started squirming to get out of it. Note how she now has both of her arms off to the same side...because she was trying to climb out of it.

No comments: