05 May 2007

Fussy baby


Sasha has been a little more crabby than usual lately. I wish she could tell me what is troubling her. I'm trying to guess if she is teething or if she has a stomach upset or maybe her bowels are troubling her. We've noticed the last few weeks that Sasha goes from happy camper to screaming rabid baby in a moments notice when she gets hungry, which seems so strange to me. Like how can you suddenly get instantly hungry? In the past, when she suddenly started crying, hunger was the last thing I'd guess because hunger is normally one of those things that slowly creeps up on you. Oh well, just one of those curious things. It just seems so weird to see a baby go from giggling happy playing to "FEED ME NOW MINION! I AM HUNGRY," in two seconds flat.

We've been playing with the moby wrap some more and Sasha and I both like it a lot. Yesterday, Sasha became unconsolably fussy. All our usual tricks were not working. I put on the Moby Wrap and snuggled her in it facing me, and she instantly calmed down. I found that sort of strange, as I had been carrying her around and that didn't calm her down any. I didn't see much difference in carrying her around snuggled close to me, or carrying her around wrapped in the moby wrap snuggled close. But it did make a difference so I guess I'm going to have to think about getting one.

I feel bad that something is bothering Sasha and I can't fix it. I can tell that she is in some sort of discomfort. She can sometimes be distracted from whatever is bothering her. For now, I try to keep her mentally distracted with play. Sometimes that's enough to take her mind off of whatver is bugging her. And I try not to get frustrated when it's not enough.

No comments: