03 October 2007

Apple Picking!

Sunday I took the girls to the apple orchard. Like I mentioned in my last post, it is something I like to do every autumn, and it was Sasha's first time going apple picking with us!

First Apple
Sasha picks her first apple. After we took this picture, I realized that it looked like Sasha has HUGE arms and hands. No those are not her hands, those are mine.
Corn Maze
Sasha and her mommy at the corn maze.
Apple Picking
Have an apple! Cassie climbs trees and passes me the apples at the apple orchard.
Apple Picking
Cassie monkeys around in the apple trees.
Want my apple?
Sasha shows off her apple. Once we handed her the baby sized apple, she held on to it for the rest of the trip. Although she offered it to every passing stranger, every goat, and everyone in the restauraunt we later went to. As a matter of fact, she's offering it to Cassie while she takes the picture.
Here goat, have my apple.
Here goat, have my apple! Just kidding!
Kids :P
Goats! Sasha LOVED them, especially this little one. The feeling seemed mutual. The moment Sasha saw the goats she squealed happily, pointed, barked at them, and blew them kisses. She squirmed in my arms til I let her play with them.
Petting GoatsWatching goats
Sasha happily plays with the goats.
Look at my apple!
"Look at my apple!", Sasha shows off her apple in the restauraunt at the orchard. I love this picture.
Pumpkin Hater
Pumpkin Hater- Almost everyone at the orchard posed their little ones in the pumpkin patch for pics, so I thought it would be nice to do that too. Nope, Sasha did NOT like the pumpkins.
The lady at the apple orchard says Sasha is the only baby she's ever seen cry at the pumpkins. "People put their kids with the pumpkins to take pictures all day," she explains, "and I've not seen any of them cry like that"

Sleepy car ride home
Sasha sleeps on the trip back, clutching her well-worn "Bad Baby" book.

-----------------------
At the end of the trip, Cassie admitted that while she originally didn't want to go to the orchard, she's glad we did. She said she had fun. I smiled to myself. I had fun too.

No comments: