31 October 2007

Home Sick

I was home sick last week so that's why I haven't been able to write any new entries lately. I got a flu shot. I figured that since I'm nursing, maybe if I got the flu shot I'd pass some immunity on to the baby. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. Sort of like a two-for-one shot :)
But it seemed like the flu shot gave me a bunch of different flus (flues? hrm what is the plural form of flu anyways? Neither looks correct.) Then to add insult to injury, I got a plugged milk duct. Ouch! I've read about those in my books on nursing, but I didn't realize they were so painful. I knew that if I Sasha and I didn't take care of it, it would only get worse and I was afraid it would turn into mastitis. Fortunately Sasha came through for me and I was back to normal within 24 hours.

I have a lot of catching up to do! It will probably take me several posts to get everything documented that I want to.

No comments: