31 October 2007

Happy Halloween!



Pictured above (click to enlarge): Sasha wears her little lamb halloween costume and plays with the bloody knife prop on Cassie's costume. Such a strange combination! It makes me laugh.

Whew, what a day.
Cassie is actually making some friends in school this year, which is a relief. She didn't have any last year. Today she wanted one of her friends to come over to our house after school so they could hang out. I agreed so I had to wake up early. Combine that with Sasha not wanting to go to sleep until late morning and we have sleep deprivation on my part and my husband's as well.
Cassie begged and convinced me to go get her a halloween costume, so I took her and her friend to the costume store. We got Cassie a Burger King costume...you know the Burger King from those creepy commercials, except we also had a big fake bloody knife as a funny prop to go with it. Then after we got the costume, Cassie and her friend went trick-or-treating. They only got ONE candy bar! It was so pathetic, hardly anyone was handing out candy.
Sasha and I handed out candy though, and Sasha thought it was such fun! She wore her little lamb costume. Once she got the hang of it, she got excited when someone knocked on our door and it was time to pass out some candy.
After her friend left, Cassie made another trick-or-treating round and actually did manage to get some candy. Sasha and I walked with her for part of the trick-or-treating but it was mostly so we could show off her cute costume and show her the trick-or-treating process. She didn't get any candy as I figured she was too young for that.

No comments: