25 October 2007

Blah!


I found a small 'park' closer to my home. I never knew it was there. So on Saturday, I took the baby for a walk to the park. It was good to get the exercise. The park had some baby swings, and a slide/playground set.
I let Sasha swing on the swings but she seemed scared. She had only been on a swing once back in July so I don't think she remembered that. She only lasted a minute on the swing before I had to take her off. She didn't like playing with the playground set.
But it was nice to get her out of the house and let her see something 'new'. Something other than the walls of the apartment.

I took her again on Sunday. This time, having been exposed to the park concept the day before, she was a little more open minded. She loved the swing and slowly drifted off to sleep in it. It was beautiful. After she woke back up, she played around with some of the playground stuff. There were these blue steps that she liked to bang on. I let her run around and explore whatever caught her interest, and I just followed her around. It was neat to see the world through her eyes and see what sort of things interested her. She had fun climbing up and down a curb. She found a stick and some leaves and played with those.
She discovered a pile of bird poo on a curb she was climbing on and wanted to poke at it with her finger. I caught her finger before she could touch it and said "No no! That's dirty! Blah!". She looked at me and started laughing like I said the most hilarious thing in the world. She stuck her tongue out so that it was hanging down to her chin and said "Blah! Blah! Blah!". So we sat there a while, laughing til our bellies hurt, saying "Blah!" to each other. She thinks that is the most hilarious word.
Even today, when she's fussy and I want to cheer her up, all I have to do is stick my tongue out and say "Blah!" and she erupts in giggles and starts saying "blah!".

No comments: