11 March 2008

Blinky Shoes!


On Sunday, the girls and I went out to some stores to window shop. We just wanted to get out of the house. Winter is starting to wear on us and Sasha and I are really feeling cooped up in the apartment. (I'm pretty sure my husband feels the same). So I try to get Sasha out of the house whenever I can.
During our window shopping, we found some blinky shoes. They're the shoes with the lights in them that blink whenever the child wearing them takes a step. We tried them on Sasha's feet and she loved them and had a blast. They only cost like $14 so we got them even though I didn't plan on spending any money.
The shoes don't fit very well. They're still big. But Sasha just LOVES them. Playing with her shoes is like her favorite activity. Walking now goes like this: step, step, stop and look at shoes, sign "light", say "light", point at shoes and admire, repeat.
They have velcro fasteners, so she's figured out how to put the shoes on and take them off. Her shoes are her favorite "toy" this week. When I put her shoes away, she'll sign "where shoes?" at me!

No comments: