27 March 2008

More Teeth?


Sasha recently started spitting out food and refusing foods she usually likes. She does it even when I know she is hungry. I was so confused at first. She'll eat some foods just fine. Then what really confused me is when she asked me for a cracker and I gave it to her. She took a bite and started chewing, then spit it out. She usually loves her crackers so this was unusual for her. Suddenly she started spitting some foods out.
I finally realized later that she has two new teeth coming in (canines). It's been such a long time since we went through "teething" that I forgot about it. Teething this time is not like when she was little. She's mildly crabby, not as bad as before, and like I said she's spitting her food and eating different. She'll take foods that don't hurt her teeth. Her morning cereal (froot loops) have to be soggy or she'll spit them out.

Today she did something cute. She likes freeze dried blueberries. After her breakfast I gave her a small handful. She ate them all and asked for more. So I signed blueberry and gave her some more. It seemed like I turned my back for a second or two, and she was asking for more again. I asked her "Where are your blueberries?" because I thought maybe she dropped them on the floor or something. She proudly opened her mouth wide and pointed inside.

Oh and image above: Sasha put on my baby carrier and carried her baby around. She likes to give her babies lots of hugs and kisses. She's a good little mommy.

No comments: