22 October 2008

Knitting- New Sweater


It's taken me a while, but I finished knitting a warm sweater for Sasha, and I have another sweater that is almost done.
This purple sweater is hand knit, made with a raglan top-down pattern out of Cascade 220 Superwash wool. It is very warm and machine washable.
We got some cute buttons for it. Sasha exclaims "buttons!" every time she sees the sweater. They're very bright, cheerful, and glittery buttons.

Like I said, I have another, really cute sweater that is almost done. Sasha's been "helping" me with that project. Here I have a picture of her helping me out and trying it on for size. (you can see the knitting needles in her hands if you look closely)

That sweater isn't ready yet. It's made from the top down, so it can be tried on for size as we go.
Sasha likes to grab my knitting projects and click the needles together while saying "nitting! nitting! Mama's nitting!" It took me a few days to undo some of the "help" she gave me on this pink sweater. She made a bit of a mess of it but I was able to recover and get it going again. I'm sure it'll be ready to wear by the end of the week if I put my mind to it.
Then I'll start working on some scarves and stuff for the family for the winter. Now that it's getting cooler outside, it's about time to start making the warmer stuff.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Love the sweater!! You did great!