31 October 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today Sasha went trick-or-treating.
She's been very interested in the candy lately, especially the candy I intended to pass out to trick-or-treating visitors. So when I told her about trick-or-treating, she was all for it.

She liked her lamb costume. It's the same costume she wore last year and it still fits well. Last year I had to sew modifications so it would fit, so this year all I had to do was rip the modifications out and it was good.
The first few doors we trick or treated at, Sasha seemed a little confused. But once she got the hang of it, she was a pro.
Our area had a trick or treating time from 3pm until 7pm, and people with candy to pass out were supposed to put signs on their doors so that the kids knew which doors to ignore and which to knock at. There were not very many signs, sadly.
So we walked around looking for the signs. When we found one, I'd point at it and tell Sasha it was okay to trick or treat there. She'd knock and I'd remind her to say "Trick or Treat" and "thank you".

If someone didn't open their door fast enough, Sasha would impatiently start yelling "OPEN! OPEN!" at them.

She didn't always say "trick-or-treat" but she always said "thank you candy". I'm glad for that. She's always polite anyways.
She loved all the attention too.
We didn't get much candy. Not as much as I usually got when I was a kid. There were so few homes with candy that it wasn't worth it to keep going for long. It was more than enough candy for her though.
Sasha got to eat a bunch of her candy. A lot, actually. She ate some suckers, some smarties, some Milk Duds. I forget what else, but it was a LOT of candy for her.

I know she had a great time. I have a feeling she's going to want to do it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Isn't trick or treating sooo fun!! I'm glad your adorable lamb had a good time with it!!