13 February 2009

Dad says NO

Sasha wakes up often in the middle of the night. Now that I think of it, she's two-and-a-half and still has never slept through the night. Anyways, during one of her many night wakings, she and my husband had an amusing conversation tonight:
Sasha: I'm DADA!
Jon: So, what does dada say?
Sasha: "Sasha, no!"
Jon: And what else does dada say?
Sasha: "It's okay! Much better?"
Jon: And what else does dada say?
Sasha: Much better? I love you.

She was wide awake for a while, meowing like a kitty-cat and just being generally cute and cuddly. My husband was very tired and wanted sleep, but it's hard to be mad so he just grins and endures it. It is hard for him to return back to sleep after a night waking session as he has some sort of chronic insomnia. After a little more playtime and some chocolate milk, she finally returned back to sleep for a while.
My dear husband always lets me get a full 8 hours of sleep during the day, regardless of how much sleep he got at night with Sasha. He's a great dad and husband and I really appreciate all he does.

No comments: