11 February 2009

Monster

Sasha has this thing lately that's been escalating.
At first it started out that she points somewhere, yells "MONSTER!", and runs up to one of her parents. She pretends she's scared of some invisible monster. It was cute at first, and playful. She has this cute mock-scared warbly voice that she uses. I think she learned it from watching Wow Wow Wubbzy.

But it's escalated into interesting territory. At the mall the other day, she was playing around in one of the hallways while we were waiting for my husband to put a bag in the car and come back. She wandered away from me, and a man walked down the hall. She saw the man approaching, pointed directly at him, yelled "OH NO! MONSTER!" and ran back to me at full speed. The expression on the guy's face was priceless. I didn't know whether to laugh, scold her, apologize, make some explanation, or what. I sort of did a little of each. But she did it again to some Hindu woman in the hallway by the laundry room at our apartment. And to some other woman in the lobby of our apartment. And to some other guy on the elevator.
It's getting a bit ackward. I do find it funny but I need to break her of this habit.

1 comment:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

a "bit" awkward? LOL. I can totally see Brody doing this too...