08 February 2009

Knitted sweater

I finished knitting this sweater for Sasha about a month ago but apparently it has the magic ability to transform my toddler into a rocket. Every time I try to photograph her in it, she runs around like I lit her fuse and I just can not get her on film.
So after about 2342837423974238974 unsuccessful shots of this darned sweater, we have a few semi-workable pictures (click to enlarge). Here we go:



Never mind the chocolate ice cream on her face. And she has her beloved toy wrench in her hand and uses it as an occasional pretend telephone.
As for the sweater, the pattern I used was Helena from Knitty.com. I had a lot of fun making the body part of it. (The sleeves were a chore. I hate sleeves.) I added some extra length to the body by adding an extra lace repeat, since my little girl tends to the long and skinny side. I made it a bit big so it will last a while, relatively speaking since she's growing like a weed lately.

I just learned that the designer of the Helena sweater came out with an adult sized pattern too. Oh oh!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

That's amazing! Beautiful.