10 March 2007

One recovery down

Princess Sasha at 6 weeks old.

Today I came home to a still-sick baby and a tired husband. Sasha had not slept much during the night, husband reported. To me, that meant she would sleep well with me during the daytime. So I snuggled my Sasha and I nursed her as we drifted off to sleep in the bedroom.
I woke up and felt like I was being watched. Sasha was beaming me a huge smile. I'm not sure how long she was awake before I woke up, and I couldn't help but wonder how long she was flashing that big smile at me. She shook in delight when she saw that I was awake and looking at her. She had my full attention and I realized Hey, she doesn't seem very sick anymore. We played together for a little while until I finally decided to get her up and change her diaper. I took her temperature and it was back to normal! 98.4F. A miraculous 'overnight' recovery...I say overnight since we sleep during the day and are awake at night so the daytime is like our night. Yeah it's all backwards.
My 12 year old daughter was already home from school. She decided to practice her bass by giving us all a concert. Sasha was highly amused and watched her big sister intently.
The only problem today was the fact that my dear husband didn't get much sleep and he is definitely coming down with the flu. He didn't seem very comfortable at all and I felt bad for him, especially since he would not get any time off. I had to work tonight and Sasha is a strict boss. She doesn't cut him any slack even if he is sick or tired.
At work, I chatted with my husband. It was a quiet night. He said that Sasha was a sweetie so at least the night was bearable. She is back to her old self.
I am glad to have my princess back.

No comments: