14 March 2007

Biting update

Thought I'd give an update. It's been two more days and suddenly like a miracle, the biting ended!

I am so happy I could cry. I didn't know how much I'd miss nursing or how lucky I was to have such a problem-free nursing relationship with my baby until this problem occured. I don't know what solved it. Perhaps it was teething. Or maybe it was all the yelps of pain that scared her and I was lucky she didn't find it funny? I did eventually get used to the biting enough to do the 'smother her with my breast' trick so perhaps that helped. I had two days of almost all pumping and bottle feeding and I think she missed the nursing too as she kept staring at my chest and trying to move my shirt, lol.

So I guess for anyone who has this biting problem, I can totally sympathise. It seems to go away on its own and hopefully it will stay away...at least until those top teeth come in :P

No comments: