10 June 2007

2 weeks

Today, Cassie went to my parent's house. She will be staying with them for two weeks. Grandma and Grandpa are going to take her camping in their new camper. I hope she has fun. I will miss her, but I will also enjoy the break.

Wow, 2 weeks without her. It should be strange. I was looking forward to her having a summer break. It is convenient to not have to send her off to school every morning, then having to wait for her to come home in the afternoon. It wouldn't be so bad, I guess, if I didn't keep a night shift schedule. Now that it's summer, once she gets back from Grandma and Grandpa's, she'll probably switch to a night shift schedule with us for the summer. I do plan to take her out to see a few local sights though, like maybe the zoo, planetarium, museum, and what-not, if I can ever figure out how to navigate around the area. I am terrified of traffic and this is such a big city that I just want to hide in my house.
My parents are better at doing activities and stuff with Cassie than me. So it is good that she does go there. So long as Cassie doesn't come back with a bad attitude as she tends to do.

No comments: