17 June 2007

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's day!
This is my husband's first father's day with the new baby. My husband is a wonderful father to his little girl, and to my other 'little' girl as well.
The day Sasha was born, I saw my husband turn into a father. He was instantly smitten by his little girl from the moment she was born, and I suspect even before then as well. When we were in the hospital in those early days, he stayed protectively by our sides, making sure that Sasha's and my every needs were met. Without him, I don't know how I would have made it through the early nursing woes. I couldn't figure out how to position the baby, how to feed her. The lactation consultant was no help. My husband patiently helped me figure out nursing, wrote down the time and duration of every feeding, put pillows under my arms, brought me water, fetched me nurses. I couldn't have done it without him. Well, maybe I could have through sheer stubbornness but it wouldn't have been pretty. He takes great care of us.
He is the most hands-on father I have ever met. While I am at work, he is taking care of the baby. But that's an understatement. When he takes care of the baby, he gives her his complete and undivided attention. That's hard to do for 8.5 hours straight. I admire his patience but I know he loves his daughter completely.
Sasha is a lucky baby to have a daddy like my husband. He is far beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. He is a real man, and a great and loving father.

No comments: