06 June 2007

Hi and Bye-Bye


Sasha can wave Hi and Bye-bye. This post is sort of belated but I find it fun that she can do so on command now. I'll say "Sasha say bye-bye" and I'll wave at someone, then she'll wave at them too. She's definitely copying and mimicking us more in general, so that is a lot of fun for us all.
The other endearing thing that she is doing now is 'sharing'. Like she'll feed us her food when we're feeding her. She'll shove her pacifier in her daddy's mouth.

She is eating finger foods very well! Actually I'm impressed at her ability to bite and eat foods. I get so scared each time she does...I'm afraid she will choke but she is getting very skilled. She's only got the two teeth. I can assure you they are very sharp (she actually gnawed the hell out of a rubber spatula and tore it to pieces). Anyways I've been cutting up pieces of avocado, mango, and tofu, plus I've been giving her handfuls of cheerios and crackers. I let her feed herself some finger foods before I feed her a meal of her smushed baby foods. She seems to enjoy it and she takes forever when she feeds herself so it gives me a chance to do dishes or kitchen work while she plays with her food.

Still not crawling or walking but soooooo close to being able to crawl.
And in other news, today is Cassie's last day of school! Summer break is almost upon us.

No comments: