30 August 2008

Big Girl Underwear

Today on my way home from work, I picked up some Pampers Easy-ups and some big girl toddler underwear for Sasha.
The Pampers Easy-ups will have to wait until the Huggies Cool Wave Pull-ups induced diaper rash finishes healing up. It looks much better today than it did yesterday, and Sasha seems to feel better too.
Sasha wore her new underwear today, for the first time ever. She took to it like a natural. She tries to put them on and take them off. I bought her a few varieties, so she was switching between them. She would put one pair on, then take it off to put another pair on.

She had one accident today. She did pee in her new underwear one time, and made a little puddle on the floor. She said "OH-OH!" and curiously examined the mess she made. Even though she had one accident, she had many many successes. I do think she went potty successfully at least fifteen times today. She is getting even better at the whole 'routine'.
---

I came home from work to put Sasha to sleep tonight, and as she was trying to fall asleep, she was singing a song to herself. Like really singing. It was such a beautiful little singing voice.
After she finally fell asleep, I told my husband about her singing. He explained that Sasha had just watched Feist perform on a rerun of Saturday Night Live right before I came home. Sasha loves Feist songs. His explanation made sense. She was singing that song (Feist- "I feel It All") to herself. How sweet!

No comments: