19 December 2008

Getting ready for a winter storm

We're expected to get about a foot of snow tonight, and it's supposed to snow pretty much non-stop for the next 4 days. As I type this, it is snowing pretty good outside. So I do believe that Cassie will have a snow day today. I will still have to work, but otherwise we will probably be holed up in our apartment for the next few days.
Not that it's much change. This winter we've been mostly hidden away indoors anyways. Just now we don't have a choice. I do worry that we could lose power or cable or internet connectivity. That shouldn't be much fun.

These storms should keep me very busy at work as well. They're calling for extra help so I might have to work some extra hours. Our workplace is very prepared for the storms. They've purchased some groceries and even some toiletries in case we get stuck at work for a while.

No comments: