07 December 2008

Snowy walk

Earlier this week, it snowed outside. Actually, it's been snowing almost all week. But after the first snow this week, a cold spell hit the area, with frigid temperatures in the single digits (Fahrenheit).
Fortunately, before the frigid temperatures came our way, I was able to take Sasha outside for a little explore and a walk to the local 7-Eleven. It happened on Tuesday. It was a nice and warm 34F degrees, and the snow had started to melt a little. There was still plenty of snow for Sasha to inspect. I re-introduced Sasha to SNOW. I let her touch it and try to play with it, but she didn't like how it made her hands cold and wet so she wasn't interested in it for long, other than to remark on occasionally and to let me know that it was white.
The walk was fun for us. The local 7-Eleven was only about a block and a half away. I had to explain to Sasha about streets and sidewalks and cars. And how to be careful of those cars, especially when crossing the streets. For now, Mom or Dad have to carry Sasha when crossing the street.
We made it to the store. Sasha's been a little ice cream fiend lately, so I figured I'd let her buy two cartons of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. She proudly carried her ice cream to the cashier's counter and purchased it. She also carried that bag of ice cream the whole way back home.

I'm glad we were able to get her outside, if even for a day, before the cold snap. We're now stuck indoors until it gets warmer and stops snowing so much.

No comments: