03 November 2007

Bubbles in the Bathtub



Today, Sasha made a fascinating new discovery - bathtub farts! Well, isn't that an interesting new milestone?
Of course, she was taking a bath. After I finish washing her up, it's always play time. I give her the rubber ducky, a bathtub book, her squeegie, and her stackable toy cups from Ikea. Usually, I read her the bathtub book and I brush her teeth. Once I finish brushing her teeth, I give her the toothbrush and she practices brushing her own teeth. She is then free to play with her toys while I brush her hair.

It was during this playtime portion of bath time that she first let one rip in the bathtub today. Bubbles forced their way to the water's surface. She curiously looked down at the water, smiled a huge smile, and giggled. She wanted more bubbles. I noticed that she was grunting and listing off to the side and she forced another one out. The bathtub erupted in another round of bubbles and she laughed at her new discovery. For the rest of bath time, she was grunting and trying very hard to get more bubbles, and she did manage to see those bubbles about three more times!
As hard as she was trying to push out some more farts, I'm so glad that she didn't do more than pass gas in that bathtub, hah!

No comments: