10 November 2007

Colds and Teeth


It came from out of nowhere. A cold. I came home from work the night before last night, and Sasha had a runny nose. She had seemed just fine earlier that night. By the time she went to bed, she was so stuffed up that she was having a hard time breathing.

All night, I laid next to her, and I could hear her labored breathing. She mostly had to breathe out her mouth so it sounded almost like a snore. Nursing was difficult for her. It was sad to see her get so frustrated with something that was usually her comfort. But since she was mostly breathing out her mouth, it was nearly impossible for her to nurse properly and it seemed to make her anxious, and me too. I wanted to make sure that I passed on the antibodies that would help her fight off whatever it was that was ailing her.

She felt warm and her cheeks were a rosy pink, but she didn't seem to have a fever.

Fortunately, it was short lived. By the next night, her runny nose was gone and she was able to breathe properly again. She actually sat in my lap and watched tv with me for a while. Normally she would not sit still that long. As she sat in my lap, I checked the progress of the new tooth coming in. It's still painfully swollen and now I've noticed two more molars coming in on the top! Poor kid. 3 molars on the way and a cold. I guess it explains her crabby wookie spells.

No comments: