30 November 2007

Demands


At the doctor's office waiting on her Daddy. She got a big kick out of the little chairs and the books and puzzles.


Lately, Sasha has been making requests. Or shall I say demands?
This past week, whenever I sit on the floor, Sasha will toddle up to me, sit in my lap, look me straight in the eyes with a stern expression, sign milk at me, and will grab at my shirt as if to say "Milk now woman...that's an order". She's always signed milk, but usually during nursing, not as a request to nurse until now. It's funny but it will quickly get old.
"Tea" is her newest sign. Of course. She's a little tea fiend. Again, it's as a request/order, not as a cute little "aww look mommy it's tea" kind of thing. It's like "Tea NOW mother". I'm pretty proud of her new sign.

Today she was playing with her cabbage patch doll and it was very cute. She was mothering it. She was feeding it a toy bottle, hugging and kissing it, dancing with it, making it dance, making it ride her toy car, and she gave it to her daddy to take care of a few times as well. She's been affectionate with her doll, her stuffed polar bear, and her stuffed doggy.
Actually, she's been super affectionate all week to everyone. Kisses for everybody, especially mommy! I swear I get like 50 spontaneous kisses a day from that sweet child. I can't imagine a more affectionate toddler.

She wants to give her daddy kisses too, but unfortunately he is sick. I had to take the night off work last night as he was ill. It came on very suddenly. Within an hour or two, he went from ok to unable to speak. He came down with a sore throat, his nose and ears and sinuses hurt. I think he had a headache and body ache as well but no fever. It was scary how fast it seemed to be spreading so I took him to the doctor. They were mostly useless. The rest of us have been ok. So far I'm feeling fine, Sasha is showing no signs of illness, and Cassie is ok too. I'm hoping that whatever he's got was something I got vaccinated against with my flu shot, thus passing immunity to Sasha. I hope. I just have to keep an eye on Cassie as she did not get a flu shot. I REALLY hope we don't have everybody sick! That would suck.

No comments: