06 April 2007

Good Friday


Above: Sasha plays a mean hand of Uno.

Cassie, my 12 year old, had today off of school for the Easter weekend. Her bizarre school had spring break last week instead of this week. I've never known a school to have spring break separate from Easter but whatever. So she had a three day weekend and I let her go visit my parents. It's a good thing because she has some jealousy issues with Sasha and needs more attention than I can give her. Grandma, on the other hand, gives Cassie more attention than she could possibly need, so it works out.
My Dad came over this morning to pick Cassie up. Sasha and I fell asleep on the couch, and I was pretty groggy when he arrived. He said hi to Sasha, and she responded by screaming and crying. I don't think she was expecting to wake up to visitors and she was mostly startled. It takes her a while to warm up to people. It was hard to get her to calm down, but she eventually calmed down and went back to sleep. She let me sleep for about 10 hours today! Amazing.

I gave her a bath using her new favorite bath method. We have a detachable shower head on a hose, and she loves it when I use that instead of just putting her in bath water. It's so much faster and easier to bathe her that way anyways. I put her in her bath seat in the bath, hose her down and let her play with the water streams, and wash her up. I keep the bath tub plug in while I do so, that way when we're done with the shower head, I can put her in the bath water to float and splash and play around in. Then we're all done.

No comments: