06 April 2007

Wake up!!!


Photo: Sasha playing with her piano. She LOVES that thing.

Sasha co-sleeps with me, which I enjoy. It is very convenient, especially considering I breast feed her. We don't have to interrupt our sleep for a feeding. There is nothing like falling asleep to a baby snuggle.
The hard part is waking up. Because Sasha doesn't let me wake up gracefully. I usually wake up with a baby finger exploring my nasal cavity, my lips being ripped from my face, my eyeballs being probed, my eyelashes being pulled, or my face being gleefully and repeatedly slapped. Apparently, when she first wakes up, she is content to lay there and let me sleep a bit. My husband has caught her awake and calmly looking at me while I was asleep and unaware. But at some point, she violently decides that it is time for me to wake up, and I am forced to go from asleep to "WTF?!?" in two seconds.
Before I had Sasha, I was notoriously crabby when I first woke up. So it isn't easy for me to be so rudely awakened. But I can't get mad at my baby girl. Once I open my eyes and see her smiling laughing face, I can't help but giggle a little. And that makes her laugh too.
Then I have no choice but to wake up. There's no sense fighting it or I'll get whapped upside my head again. If Sasha says Mom must wake up, well... Mom must wake up!

Anyways, the husband was mildly crabby today. Everything electronic seemed to be breaking. Our cable box/dvr wasn't working properly so I need to get ahold of the cable company....again. And his computer was still giving him problems. It stopped recognizing his nic card due to some memtest thingy he did to it. I think my husband may have wrestled his computer into submission. With all his 4GIG memory intact. He said something about a sound card, operating system, and something about a game. Anyways, he might have a working computer, which is good considering how much money we've spent on it. We'd hate to have a $2000 leet paperweight.

No comments: