25 March 2009

Happy

Sasha is happy. She often tells us so.
Happy is a common word in her vocabulary lately!
For example, this morning, I tried to wake her up but she was just too sleepy. I picked her up and put her on the living room couch. I turned on her favorite show on tv. I made her favorite chocolate milk and offered it to her, and she sleepily accepted. She laid there, sipping her beloved chocolate milk through a straw, hugging the cup. And without opening her eyes, she murmured quietly, "I'm so happy".

I had to work tonight, so I took a nap before I had to leave. When Sasha's bedtime rolled around, my husband brought her to me so I could put her to sleep. He told me about the cute new thing she was doing tonight. She would sit down in front of my husband, face to face, and say, "soooooo...... Are you happy?". And since she's a toddler, she did this about a gazillion times but we laughed each time. She looked like a little psychologist, and the way she said "soooooo....." was amusing.
At random times throughout the day, she'll hug us and loudly exclaim, "I'm happy mama", or ask us, "are you happy?". And when she is with me, I always am :)

2 comments:

SaRaH said...

oh, she is just too cute.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

to be that content. . . although, I would be too if someone handed me chocolate milk before my eyes were open...:-)