26 March 2009

Swimming

As I previously posted, Sasha has been a serious water-bug lately. Two mornings ago, Sasha was watching a little tv and saw some puppet penguins swimming on Sesame Street. She started yelling, "Swimming! Swimming!" and danced around the living room like she was swimming. I asked her if she wanted to go swimming, and she said, "Yes please. I want swimming".
It reminded me that our park district has a really cool indoor water park, so we decided to take Sasha and the family swimming. As much as she's enjoyed water lately, we knew it would be a HUGE hit with her.
Sure enough, she had a blast! The water park was very crowded because the school kids are out for spring break. But despite the full crowd, it was fun.
Her dad took her down the water slides a few times, which she loved. She is a natural at floating on her back. In deeper water, she would naturally flip to her back and float. It cracked me up when she was floating on her back and flapping her arms like a birdy while chanting, "I'm FLYING! I'm FLYING!". Several times, she tried to get herself out of our arms because she was fully convinced she could swim by herself.
And she thought it was hilarious when her dad would submerge himself underwater and wave at her.
Sasha gets cold fast when she goes swimming, so I knew we probably wouldn't be there long. Last time we took her swimming, she got herself very very cold, uncomfortably so and shivered for such a long time that we worried. We were more prepared with extra towels to warm her up quicker this time. I was ready to leave at the first sign of any shivering. Once she shivered the tiniest bit, we teamed up to get her straight into some towels, warmed her up, dressed her in dry clothes, and left.

No comments: