28 March 2009

No, I'm Sasha!

We were eating out at Applebee's for lunch together as a family the other day. There was a woman in a nearby table, and she was eating alone. I think she stepped away from her table to use the restroom. As she returned back to her table, she passed by our table. Sasha had already decided she was done eating and was singing and playing to entertain herself and everybody else, and was generally being cute.
As the woman passed by her table, she addressed Sasha:
"Oh, you are a cute little munchkin aren't you?", she said.
"No! I'm Sasha!", Sasha quickly corrected her.

She's been doing that lately with a lot of things we say.
"Sasha, are you running around naked again?", I asked today.
"No Mom, I'm Sasha!" she replied defensively.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Phoebe does the same thing. I called her Shortcake the other day and she said "No, I'm Phoebe!". Or dh said she was a sugar lump she was so sweet and she said "No, I'm Phoebe!". They are very literal at this age. ;)